Process How the initial contact will work and what you can expect
The easiest way to contact me is via email. You can find my details on the contact page. Just write me an email with a brief description of the reason you are consulting me. I will answer then usually within a couple of days with my current availability and a suggestion when to meet for a first session.
The first session
The first session serves to gather information, get to know each other and work out a mutual working agreement, which contains the goals of the counselling as well as the specifications of the inner and outer conditions. This includes:
- Outlining the problem
- Understanding your social situation
- Clarification of the general framework
- Frequency and duration of the collaboration
- Fees and how to treat non-attendance
- Goals of the coaching/therapy
- How to evaluate whether the goals have been achieved
After these and any further necessary issues are clarified, the next stage of the process can begin. I usually offer my clients to meet for five probatory sessions and in the fith session decide whether to proceed more long-term.